The most awaited event, an expo considered to be the biggest event and one which can be an epitome of networking, leadership, sharing of knowledge and thoughts – Expo Dubai.
With the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, the expo has been rescheduled to 01st October to 31st March 2022.
Expo Dubai 2021 is a long-term investment in the UAE and is expected to witness a positive impact on the GDP of Dubai.
Especially with an extensive marketing plan being executed by the team, the no. of footfalls and people participating is definitely going to be a significant one.
The expo will be held at a strategic location that covers 4.3 sq. km with more than 190 countries participating.
Dubai World Expo looks at giving exposure and support for Small & Medium size Enterprises (SME), start-ups, and upcoming ventures.
It also helps them climb up the ladder and accelerate growth. As per the predictions, this mega event is expected to attract a huge volume of tourists and give a significant boost for the hospitality and tourism sectors, helping in recovering the economy.
So, here’s the real question. Can Expo 2020 Dubai accelerate the growth of Dubai’s economy? Take a look at the below pointers:
- Expo 2020 Dubai is said to open up 300,000 jobs and is expected to boost the economy by $33bn.
- It has the potential to revive the economy and bring it back to the pre-pandemic levels even if the event is partially successful. The participation of more than 190 countries in the themes Sustainability, Mobility and Opportunity will see a lot of innovations and as a result, increase in footfalls as attendees and/or exhibitionists.
- Individuals willing to participate in the expo are motivated to move into the UAE to get their talents recognized especially with the golden visa opportunity. This creates an inflow of talent and skilled human capital which can help businesses strive and be in the forefront with innovation.
- Innovation and smart solutions are always preferred by everyone. As already mentioned regarding the positive impact on the job market and pool of talent, it will help in making Dubai a lucrative destination for investors – another way to contribute to the growth of Dubai’s economy.
- Expo 2020 is very likely to bring in substantial foreign investment to Dubai, making it a catalyst to build the core economic sectors like tourism, hospitality, construction and finance.
- According to the latest analysis it is said that the expo is expected to attract 25 million visitors or participants out of which 17 million will be international visitors, creating
opportunities for tourism and hospitality industries to cease the moment for endless business conversions. Accommodation facilities like
- According to reports, once the Expo 2020 becomes a hit among the crowd it will generate revenue up to $17.7 billion.
- Expo’s host site, Jebel Ali, requires an upgrade in roads, transport services like metro, infrastructure, hotel, etc. to accommodate tourists. Those individuals/investors in the Jebel Ali free zone benefits out of this development.
The second half of this year looks very promising for Dubai and its economy with this mega event, Expo 2020.
It is seen as a golden opportunity to revive the economy and also emerge as a financial & technological hub.
The advancement in various sectors will have a major impact on individuals/investors/entrepreneurs willing to become a part of Dubai and its community.
Moving into Dubai or the various free zones for company formation Dubai will help in job creation which acts like a chain reaction – more job opportunities, improved standard of living, development spending, consumerism, and so on.
Be it the Sustainability District, Mobility District, or the Opportunity District, this mega event paves way for innovations, a huge impact on the job market, various industries (including the economy), and will surely be an eye-opener for all.